Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beginning to paint

Why do rooms look bigger when they get painted a light color. Don't know but they always do.  My rooms are small so it makes a difference

This is the second coat (paso) of a mixture of sealer and white paint. I actually have 5 rooms that can be painted and I won't show you the bathroom - a strange under the stairs contraption that works but is not a visual delight. Another is the bodega that is full of stuff that I don't feel like moving. Another is the pumphouse that is also full of stuff and the tinaco above has been leaking - think it's fixed now. The last is the wash area upstairs.

Haven't painted in awhile, never painted new cement ... and never painted 10 foot ceilings. It's a workout.



Painting a small house in Melaque Mexico

2 comments:

Trinidad Salamanca said...

I Look forward to seeing how your paint job works out.

My house is made out of brick and I do not plan on plastring the inside walls just yet. I would like to see how it looks with exposed brick. The only room in the house with plastered walls will be the bathroom and one wall as you walk in the house to the right. I fear choosing colors for the walls will be a challenge because it will have to tie in with the exposed brick.

sparks_mex said...

If your bricks are set with the intention of having them show ... then I guess it could be nice (altho a little dark). I have friends with an all brick house inside and out, looks nice, but dark.

Also the less smooth ... the more dust it collects

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...