Monday, February 28, 2011

Doors and windows

Doors and windows seem to almost make the difference. I guess it's the privacy and security that they bring. I opted for steel windows with the built in security rather than aluminum windows with bars on the outside. I never did compare prices but assume steel is cheaper than a 'two step process'.

I do have to paint these, install the glass and caulk around the edges so they are not finished by any means. The screens (mosquitero) is coming Wednesday.

We also built a small foundation for the walkway all around the house which is basically one meter wide. Incorporated into the walkway is a registro cover for grey and rain water, redoing the registro top for black water and a drainage registro at the bottom of the stairs which will hopefully handle some of the roof rain water as well.

The walkway foundation, 2 registros and windows
,
Front door - salon

Kitchen window

2 comments:

Trinidad Salamanca said...

Looks great, we also put a walkway in the front of the house for when it rains. My husband still has to pour a sidewalk around to the back of the house, but at the moment we are at a stand still. We save alot on concrete jobs since he knows the trait.

I will be looking forward to seeing the mosquiteros because I would like my husband to put them on our windows too.

sparks_mex said...

I need a sidewalk on the street as well since the house is about 2 feet above street level and just a dirt bank that would disappear in the rain.

Once the house is livable I'll be doing at lot more myself but now it's preparation for the rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...