Sunday, February 15, 2009

Building a swimming pool in Mexico

This Pool project is shown from start to finish. Sadly Barbara and I had to move out of this place due to landlord problems after she paid for the entire construction. Another lesson to trusting gringos new to Mexico. There is a link to a complete foto set of the project at the bottom of this page. Not sure if we'll get around to a pool on our lot some day but we should have the room for a smaller one


Cement floor directly on the sand

Double rebar around the sides and in the second floor layer

Side walls getting finished

Grounting in the tiles

Link to more fotos of this swimming pool project

2 comments:

BajaJim said...

Hola Sr

I am an gringo that splits time between San Felipe MX and Phx AZ

I am thinking of building a pool, what can you tell me about building yours?

Did they use gunnite for the walls?

Also, I am curious if you have any plans in a PDF format that I could look at to get an idea of what is required?

Cortzblu@yahoo.com

sparks_mex said...

They poured the walls inside a plywood form. Gunnite is rare here. Other pools I've seen use large rocks cemented together as a foundation but this one (not mine) was just a cement slab, then rebar and more cement.

Since it was not mine I have no plans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...